The Boardroom user interface
Let's take a look at each element of the Boardroom user interface and what it means.
- 1.NEXT EPOCH The amount of time remaining until the next epoch.
- 2.CURRENT EPOCH The number of the current epoch.
- 3.BOMB PEG (TWAP) The TWAP (time-weighted average price) of the BOMB peg. The Boardroom only mints new BOMB as rewards for BSHARE stakers when this value is above 1.01 at the end of the current epoch.
- 4.APR The yield for BSHARE stakers in the Boardroom if the Boardroom was printing every epoch. This calculation is based on the last recorded print in the Boardroom.
- 5.BSHARES STAKED The total amount of BSHARE currently staked in the Boardroom.
- 6.BOMB Earned The amount of BOMB you've earned as rewards for staking BSHARE in the Boardroom.
- 7.BSHARE Staked The amount of BSHARE you currently have staked in the Boardroom.
- Epoch duration: 6 hours
- Any interaction with the Boardroom (staking/unstaking BSHARE or withdrawing BOMB rewards) will lock your staked BSHARE for 6 epochs and BOMB rewards for 3 epochs.
- Distribution of BOMB during expansion (Boardoom printing):75% goes to Boardroom BSHARE stakers as rewards 20% goes to BOMB stakers (xBOMB)5% goes to DAO fund
- Epoch Expansion: The current expansion cap is based on the currently circulating BOMB supply (see BOMB Distribution for details). If there are bonds to be redeemed, 65% of minted BOMB goes to the treasury until its sufficiently stocked to satisfy future bond redemption.
Note that the Boardroom does not print any rewards for BSHARE stakers when the Boardroom TWAP < 1.01.
Staking BSHARE will only give you BOMB rewards when the price of BOMB is above the peg (10,000 BOMB to 1 BTC), but not when it is under the peg.
Yes, there are two lockup timers. One for BOMB rewards and one for staked BSHARE. Any interaction with the Boardroom will reset both timers. The lockup period for withdrawing BOMB rewards is 3 epochs (18 hours), or 6 epochs (36 hours) to unstake your BSHARE.
No, Boardroom rewards are determined by how much you have staked at the time of printing (i.e., at the end of one epoch and the start of the other). It doesn't matter if you stake three hours before or thirty seconds before the emissions occur.
No, they will still be there to collect whenever you need.
A debt phase takes place during expansion epochs that start after a contraction period where there are still BBOND to be redeemed.
65% of expansion during a debt phase is allocated to the treasury fund to prepare for subsequent BBOND redemption down the road. This amount is always reserved, regardless of whether BBOND holders are redeeming bonds or not.
Once enough BOMB is sufficiently stocked in the treasury to satisfy the redemption of all circulating BBOND, expansion rates will resume to normal.
The debt phase will last as long as is necessary to adequately pay back outstanding BBOND debt. Please keep in mind that the DAO will also need to collect a little extra, as there needs to be a cushion to cover the bonus premiums when people redeem BBOND over peg. There's no exact way of calculating how many epochs it will take, since the protocol doesn't know exactly when people will redeem their BBOND. The debt phase cannot end until the treasury has enough BOMB to cover the redemption of all outstanding BBONDs plus a premium.
There is a balanced state "at peg" when BOMB's TWAP is between 1.00 and 1.01, which results in no contraction or expansion of the circulating supply of BOMB. This is referred to as a zen epoch.
Depending on the price of BOMB, the Boardroom print will have to adjust to provide a buffer for any unclaimed BBOND. As the price of BOMB climbs above the peg, more BOMB needs to be distributed to the treasury to account for BBOND redemption plus premiums.
Let's take a look at a simplified example for a non-debt phase: say you have 1 BSHARE staked out of 10 total BSHAREs staked in the Boardroom. In this case, you will receive 10% of the total BOMB printed in the Boardroom.
For this example we are assuming that there is a total circulating supply of 10,000 BOMB and the current expansion rate is at 4%, so a total of 400 BOMB will be printed in the Boardroom. Under the protocol's current rules, 75% of those newly printed BOMB will be distributed to BSHARE stakers in the Boardroom. (See the BOMB Distribution page for more details on how BOMB is distributed within the protocol.) Therefore, you would get: ((0.04 * 10000) * 0.75) * (1/10) = 30 BOMB. Thus, the formula to calculate your rewards is as follows: ((ExpansionRate * CirculatingBOMBSupply) * 0.75) * (YourBShareStake / TotalBShareStaked)
This will vary constantly as the APR in the Boardroom fluctuates, along with other variables such as the price of BOMB.
For a quick estimation, however, you can do the following:
- 1.Take the total APR shown in the Boardroom and divide that by 365 to get the daily APR. (For this example we will say the daily APR is 5%.)
- 2.Multiply that daily APR by the current market price of the total BSHARE you have staked to see what your daily rewards are. (In this example, we have 5 BSHARE, each worth $500, for a total amount staked of $2500. Your daily return in this case would be $2500 * 0.05, which comes out to $125 per day.)
- 3.Take your initial buy-in price for BSHARE and divide it by your daily rewards. If you bought these 5 BSHARE at a higher price, say $700 for example, in the current market conditions you would recover your initial investment of $3500 in 3500/125 or 28 days.